Applications to the Touring Exhibition Program closed on 26 May 2021
ART ON THE MOVE opens for Touring Exhibition Expressions of Interest once every two years.
Expressions of Interest are assessed by a selection panel including ART ON THE MOVE staff and industry peers
- Selected exhibitions:
- Represent a high professional standard of artistic or curatorial practice
- Promote understanding of the breadth and diversity of art and craft practices
- Reflect on the history, places or communities of Western Australia
- Introduce Western Australian artists to new audiences
- Facilitate meaningful learning and engagement opportunities
- Are of a physical size and include works that are suitable to be handled and installed in various conditions, and in multiple locations.
- Originate from regional Western Australia (desirable)
- Provide access to public or private collections (desirable)
Exhibitions touring with ART ON THE MOVE receive:
- Up to $9000 per exhibition to fund artist/curator fees.
- Development and production of an exhibition publication and other collateral to the value of $1000
- Additional fees for visits to venues for public programs and learning activities (subject to funding and requirement).
- An exhibition marketing plan (including Marketing Kit for venues) and promotion by ART ON THE MOVE
- Development of learning resource and programming of community engagement activities to support the exhibition (e.g. workshops, talks, guided tours).
- Museum-standard crating and packaging of your exhibition.
- Tour management including itinerary development and programming; loan agreements with lenders and host venues; transport management and insurance (all costs covered by ART ON THE MOVE); condition reporting; installation manuals; conservation advice.
- Ongoing support and mentorship (if applicable) from the ART ON THE MOVE team.
- Supply of select AV equipment where possible.