Applications are now open for the Public Regional Galleries Improvement Fund
Applications close 5pm 30 July, 2021
Image Credit: Freighting Ideas exhibition There Were Moments of Transformation opening event at Ningaloo Centre, Exmouth, September 2020. Image courtesy Ningaloo Centre.
The purpose of the Public Regional Galleries Improvement Fund (PRGIF) is to support the RETB and arts activities through improvements and upgrades to eligible public arts and cultural galleries in regional Western Australia. It aims to strengthen the capacity of regional public galleries by enabling minor or major scale upgrades, COVID-19 recovery, and RETB activity and program support.
Funding distributed through this program is intended to support and achieve the following objectives:
- improve the quality of arts and cultural infrastructure in regional WA;
- mitigate COVID-19 impact and maintain activation of regional arts sector;
- contribute to the long-term sustainability of arts and cultural galleries in regional WA;
- improve galleries’ ability to receive art works requiring environmental and security conditions, such as the State Art Collection.
Who can apply?
Applications are invited from public regional galleries that meet the following criteria:
- are located in regional Western Australia;
- are operated, owned or leased by a regional LGA or not-for-profit organisation with a non-statutory base. NB: funding cannot be used for staff wages in LGA galleries;
- either own or have a lease on an eligible gallery for at least 10 years from the date of the PRGIF funding application;
- not currently be in receipt of Royalties for Regions funding for infrastructure projects;
- have a space within the building devoted to the exhibition of works of art and available to the public;
- have the capacity to engage with audiences and host activity in the space(s);
- in the case of multipurpose or co-located facilities, demonstrate that the upgrades are intended to support delivery of arts and cultural activity;
- are hosts of programmed, planned and funded visual and cultural arts activity and can demonstrate this in the application;
- while public galleries do not need to be currently involved in RETB activity to receive funding, those participating in RETB activity will be prioritised.
How much can I apply for?
Minor Upgrades & Support
$2,500 to $25,000 (excluding GST)
Major Upgrades & Support
$25,001 to $50,000 (excluding GST)
For full details and more information about the application process, please read through the Applicant Handbook.
Applications close 5pm Friday July 30, 2021
If you have any questions throughout the application process, please contact:
Olivia Nichols or Alex Fuller
Telephone (08) 9249 3479
Monday – Thursday | 8am – 4pm