Subiaco Arts Centre
WA’s Most Imaginative Creatives
Internationally Acclaimed Arts Thinkers
A Public Galleries Voice
From 9 – 12 November, 2020 Subiaco Arts Centre will come alive with some of WA’s finest performing and visual arts presenters. Showcase 2020 reveals some of the best productions from WA and, on the same stage, thought-provoking industry speakers sharing their perspectives on the arts.
Showcase 2020 will see ART ON THE MOVE and GalleriesWest building on last year’s collaboration with Circuit West to generate discussion about and engagement with key issues across the performing and visual arts sectors.
Book now here and scroll to the tickets for ART ON THE MOVE/ GalleriesWest events.
Thanks to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, a limited number of public gallery delegates will again have opportunity to apply for a 60% subsidy for travel, accommodation and conference fees. Apply now using the GalleriesWest application form below.
What is on offer for Visual Art participants?
In this gathering of key players in WA’s creative ecology we will explore the benefits that engagement with the arts can provide for individual wellbeing and community resilience, and discuss challenges and opportunities faced by the sector in the current context. Topics include:
- Strategies for addressing community need post-COVID, including applying for funding.
- Case studies of high quality arts projects that have made a meaningful contribution to communities.
- What communities want from artists and venues.
- What venues and artists want from communities.
- How to advocate for the value of the arts to local government.
What is in it for me?
- Network with organisations and individuals across WA from the visual and performing arts
- Professional Development: leverage and add to your current knowledge, skill set, competencies and experience.
- Health and Well-Being: coming together as a sector to celebrate our individual and collective value and have fun, re-charge.
- Enter into a dialogue about your practice, programs and activities. Learn how others are meeting the challenge COVID has brought to their venues.