Vision, Mission and Purpose
ART ON THE MOVE is Western Australia’s only organisation dedicated to touring contemporary visual art exhibitions across the regions, interstate and beyond.
We do this by touring quality contemporary art with appropriate learning and development opportunities that speak to and develop the unique cultural narratives of communities whatever the cultural practice, age, ability, or level of experience.
ART ON THE MOVE is the leading arts organisation in Western Australia for delivering high-quality contemporary touring exhibitions, creating connectivity between visual arts, culture and liveable communities.
Our purpose is to explore and activate the connections between art and place, and in doing so bring together and inspire diverse communities.
Accessible, Inclusive, Empowering, Equitable.
To achieve our vision and purpose we encourage:
- innovative artistic practices to flourish as artists respond to environments and audiences through ART ON THE MOVE tours;
- artists and audiences to evolve and grow through discussions surrounding the arts in meaningful and creative ways;
- adaptability in our work practices in response to the needs of artists, venues and audiences;
- compassion and understanding of the world by presenting and exploring
- universal themes that resonate at a local level.
ART ON THE MOVE will continue to strengthen, develop and enrich the cultural landscape of WA by touring high-quality exhibitions to Western Australia and beyond. We do this by developing creative opportunities for WA artists to engage with new audiences. By presenting the stories and voices of WA, we elevate and contribute to WA’s position as a culturally rich destination of choice for residents, visitors and businesses.
We will continue to work across four core areas that are all essential in the delivery and sustainability of high-quality contemporary art exhibitions:
- Development, production and management of touring contemporary art exhibitions that encourage critical discourse and new ways of looking at the world;
- Create inspiring pathways for participation and learning that develop a deeper connection to art, targeting existing and new audiences using multiple learning and engagement tools;
- Build the capacity of the sector to activate potential and develop the required skill set, knowledge and opportunities to present complex and challenging touring exhibitions in a variety of settings;
- Connect with the sector through advocacy and networking programs that contribute to sector growth.