Get it out there! Fostering a vibrant cultural exchange across Western Australia
Developed in 2022-23 and launched in February 2024, the Regional Exhibition Touring Strategy provides a framework to support a five-year touring circuit of visual art, contributing to social, cultural and economic activity in regional WA.
Reflecting research and consultation with over 100 stakeholders across the visual arts sector, the Strategy outlines six goals for the wider visual arts touring sector:
- First Nations culture is celebrated across the regions
- Increased opportunities for regionally-led exhibition development and touring
- WA artists and their works are valued
- Increased equitable community access to infrastructure
- Strengthened professional network that collaborates effectively
- WA regional communities are enriched through meaningful cultural engagement
The Regional Exhibition Touring Strategy is delivered as part of the WA Government’s Regional Exhibition Touring Boost (RETB), an initiative managed by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, and funded through Royalties for Regions.
Established in 2018 and delivered by partners ART ON THE MOVE and the Art Gallery of Western Australia (AGWA), the RETB seeks to widen the sharing of WA culture within the State.